Thursday, June 10, 2010

Adulthood and Going to College

These past few months, I've been contemplating about my son being an adult now and him going off to college. I guess it's every parent's feelings. The fear of letting go is so much already, yet the intensity is even tripling due to the fact that he has severe hemophilia A. I have so much questions... Can he manage, now that he's separating and living on his own? Will he be alright? Will he infuse in time and as directed or not? What if he gets hurt and we're far away? Will he be OK with his future college peers? Can he survive? I wonder...

As parents, how do you cope? Thoughts?

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I remember when Kristin went off to college, We meet with her counsler and went over everything, She graduated this spring, all went well, She was in a car accident while at college and I had to argue with the Hospital but other than that everything went well, I am sure it will be the same for you, educate educate educate

Jenny said...

True about education. But that's for normal people with normal lifestyles. But what if there are cultural issues that makes it beyond norm.