Sunday, January 13, 2008

Leting your boys grow up

Today is going to be a long day

My son who is 13 years old, he will be 14 on the 27th of this month, went snowmobiling

His best friend has snowmobiles, he has gone before, but this time is different
they left yesterday at noon and camped out in a heating hut and are coming back today before dark

He infused to 100% of course before he left and will infuse today to 100% before he goes out today. He has factor, emergency releases, he is educated, he can self infuse as long as he is not to injured. His Friend and dad are 5 minute educated. head injury or internal injury call mom and head out of the mountains. Just in case you are wondering he has all the safely gear available not just a good helmet

He is going to be fine and so am I. I will let you know when he gets home

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

He made it home before dark, he is in good health and better yet he is on top of the world with his stories of the weekend as I have said before somedays are ment for memories. For him this is one of his greatest memories, as a mom I share with him his glow as he retells his stories at his dad's birthday dinner today, as a young man tells of his adventures.

Mom of 4 said...

Glad to hear your son's trip was fine and back home safely!

I know a little of what you mean by letting your boys grow up. My son is only 7 and is already wanting to venture out with his friends (without mom!). This Saturday he is going ice skating with some friends. I am a little leary considering we just spent last Sunday evening in the ER to have a Head CAT scan. My son was agravating his 4 year old sister so she slammed the door in his face. He was hit just above his eye and within a hour was stumbling and had double vision. The CAT scan was fine but he did wind up with a concussion and double vision for about 4 days. So this whole iceskating thing has me a bit concerned. But we will treat him before he goes, put protective gear on and let him enjoy his friends and his boyhood!

Anonymous said...

Hello ladies,

My name is Marsha, I am 24 and I have a son who is 5 1/2 months old. He was diagnosed with Hemophilia B when he was two days old after his circumcision wouldn't stop bleeding. I have a cousin with Severe Hemophilia B but had no idea I was a carrier, I told my Dr. about my cousin when I first learned I was pregnant but they didn't seem concerned and so neither did I. Little did I know what was to follow. My son is a blessing and I love him SO MUCH. But I am scared! Thankfully we haven't had any bleeds since his circumcision but crawling and walking are just around the corner. I am terrified to say the least. Any advice you ladies have for me would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to email me at marsha_mackenzie@yahoo.com
Thank you so much for starting a fourm like this for moms like me who know nothing can learn something....